New Rumorzmusic.com coming soon!

and Souled Out Show album!

Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Man Behind the Music

Wutup Wutup!?

So yea thought I'd basically take the time in this post to tell people a little bit about me seeing unless you know me personally you probably don't know much about me at all. For those who don't give a shit and just like the music, feel free to skip reading this post lol...

So to start off real name Greg Perry, im 21 and a senior in Iona College in New Rochelle, NY. Im studying advertising but who knows if thats what I want to do lol. My main goal would be to be able to support myself financially off music some day. Music is basically my life whether it's writing it or listening to it, i'm almost always doing one or the other. I don't remember exactly when I got my start writing music, but I think I started messing around back in middle school. The summer going into 8th grade is when I started rapping, freestyling with my friend Digits on the bus or wherever. We formed a group called the Klip Artistz in 9th grade and started making songs, but nothing too serious. It wasn't until the end of junior year in High School and the beggining of senior year when I actually realized what I wanted to do with music. That's when I started making real songs and writing constantly. I'm actually pretty pissed at myself that I didn't get serious earlier, cuz who knows where I would be now if I had a few extra years of serious writing. Either way yea thats pretty much how I got started...

More about me personally I'm a fan of all music. In fact, lately I barely listen to much rap besides Joe Budden, Lupe Fiasco and a few other dudes. I'm huge into the blending of genres such as Linkin Park and this underground group called Optimus Rhyme. I'm hoping some day soon I can form an actual group with live instruments and shit like that. Live music is so dope and I think me rapping over that type of thing could deff work out ill. Lately I've been huge into blues such as The Black Keys and The Raconteurs. These groups are dope if you want more contemporary blues type music but still got that old school soul. I realize a lot of people when they are younger are afraid to listen to the "different" types of music because it aint cool and you feel left out if you don't know every word to Lil Waynes new hit, but I urge people to listen to all they can, cuz there is A LOT of good shit out there you will never hear unless you search. The Radio plays like less then 1 percent of all the music out there, and i'd say out of the 99 percent you havn't heard, you would probably love close to 30 percent of the shit you can't find on your local stations.

ok yea enough of me rambling on about stuff, i'll just give u a list of favorites of mine to make this easy...

  • Favorite food: Prime Rib
  • fastfood: Wendys (im truly addicted)
  • place: Either driving in my car bumping music or studio
  • sport: to play its basketball, to watch bball or baseball
  • teams: Red Sox, Yankees(jk not), Patriots, Celtics, Braves

I'm sure theres a bunch of other shit i could throw on here... but yea if u think of nething specific u wana know about me.... send me a message and I'll add to the list....



PEACE

No comments:

 
blogspot stats