New Rumorzmusic.com coming soon!

and Souled Out Show album!

Thursday, November 26, 2009

THE BLACK KEYS AND MOS DEF!?

This is what I have been waiting for. Dope musicians from all sides of the spectrum coming together to make something beautiful. Those who know me are well aware that although I do mainly rap music my interests don't stop at that genre of music. One of my favorite bands on the planet is a group called The Black Keys, a blues rock group made up of only a drummer and a singer. They have been slowly experimenting with hip hop style people, including having their last album produced by Danger Mouse (Gorillaz, Gnarls Barkley). Now they have teamed up again working with Dame Dash to create BlakRoc: a compilation album of different hip hop artists rapping over black keys created compositions. Artists in the mix include Mos Def, M.O.P. and Jim Jones.

I highly recommend the Black Keys to anyone, and if you are fans of mixing genres this album is dope for you. Below are a few videos including the single with Jones and Mos Def accompanied by the melody of Black Keys singer/guitarist Dan Aurebach.





Blakroc Project from Myrhax on Vimeo.

No comments:

 
blogspot stats